Join the 2024 Hague Inter-University Law Debate Tournament, where passionate law students from around the world gather for thought-provoking debates on current legal topics. This unique and prestigious competition, which began in 2015, offers a platform for international participation and networking.
The purpose of the Tournament is to foster the study of international law in connection with global and regional developments. It provides students with a practical platform to apply their legal knowledge, exchange experiences with peers, and build valuable networks. The 2024 edition of the tournament will be held in a hybrid format, with most events conducted virtually, and the final round and week taking place in person in The Hague. All debates are conducted in English and focus on issues within international law, both private and public.
To secure a spot in the tournament, teams must complete three essential steps:
- Spot Reservation: Submission deadline is November 30, 2023.
- Team Nomination: Complete this step by January 20, 2024.
- For the third and final step, teams have two options:
- (i) Nominating two potential judges with a time commitment of approximately 3.5 hours (varies based on judge interest and match availability), or
- (ii) Making a financial contribution to the organization via a registration fee.
The registration fee varies based on the team’s country’s economic status:
- €350 for teams from high-income countries
- €300 for teams from upper-middle-income countries
- €250 for teams from lower-middle and low-income countries
Join this exciting world of international law, engage in debates on crucial legal topics, and connect with like-minded individuals from around the globe. Don’t miss out on this extraordinary opportunity!